Anajo Jose, Sr. Amrutha SVM, Jain Jacob, Sr. Joseena SVM
Mrs. Anajo Jose1, Sr. Amrutha SVM2, Mrs. Jain Jacob3, Sr. Joseena SVM4
1Assistant Professor, Department of Mental Health Nursing, Little Lourdes College of Nursing, Kottayam, Kerala.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Child Health Nursing, Little Lourdes College of Nursing, Kottayam, Kerala.
3Lecturer, Department of Child Health Nursing, Little Lourdes College of Nursing, Kottayam, Kerala.
4Principal, Little Lourdes College of Nursing, Kottayam, Kerala.
Volume - 9,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Learning disability is a condition that interferes with a person’s ability to store, process or produce information. People with this, learn differently and can lead a happy and successful life if it is treated properly. A quasi experimental study one group pretest- posttest research design was adopted to detect the level of knowledge and effect of workshop on knowledge regarding learning disabilities. The sample selected for this study from beneficiaries were nursing faculties and staff nurses. Total 50 samples were selected for this study by convenient sampling technique. The sessions were devoted to theoretical aspects by various experts and practical session by simulation. Knowledge of the subjects were assessed by self structured questionnaire before and immediately after workshop. Knowledge level determined based on median value. Statistical analysis revealed significant (p<0.05) improvement in subjects’ knowledge following the workshop. The need for such educational intervention is reinforced by this study.
Cite this article:
Anajo Jose, Sr. Amrutha SVM, Jain Jacob, Sr. Joseena SVM. A Study to Assess the Effect of Workshop on Knowledge regarding Learning Disabilities among Nurses working in selected Institutions at Kottayam. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(1):46-48. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00013.5
1. Hargreaves H, Rowbotham M, Philips M.A. Handbook on Learning Disabilities. Integra 2009.
2. Jagawat Tushar, Dhanda Akhil. Prevalence and pattern of learning disability in school children. Indian Journal of Medicine. 2014.
3. Amala Rani B. A study to assess the effectiveness of psycho Education module on knowledge regarding early Identification of children with learning Disability among primary school teachers in Chennai. The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University.2016
4. Gafoor A K. Prevalence of learning disabilities among school students in Kerala. (20) Insight journal of applied research in education. Calicut. 2015.
5. Thomas M.V. Teachers’ Perception on Learning Disability: An Explorative Study among Primary School Teachers in Kerala. Research Gate 2020. (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341070780)