Vinay Kumar G, Sushmitha H S, Madhu S
Mr. Vinay Kumar G1, Ms. Sushmitha H S2, Mrs. Madhu S3
1Mr.Vinay Kumar G, M.Sc. (N), Principal, JSS School of Nursing, Chamarajanagar.
2Ms. Sushmitha H S, Nursing Tutor, JSS School of Nursing, Chamarajanagar.
3Mrs. Madhu S, Nursing Tutor, JSS School of Nursing, Chamarajanagar.
Volume - 9,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Objective: To assess the nutritional status of under five children as compared with WHO Growth standards in rural area of chamarajanagar District. Methodology: An explorative descriptive method has been adopted and 40 children of under 5 were selected for the study. Obtained data by questionnaire on demographic proforma, physical examination and anthropoemetric measurements. Result: Result of the study revealed that 42.5%of Children are according to weight for age, 65% of Children are according to height for age and 47.5% of children are according to their BMI for age, despite all the efforts by the government. Conclusion: The reproductive age women in this region have good knowledge about anemia and its prevention but lack of practices also contribute to high prevalence of anemia.
Cite this article:
Vinay Kumar G, Sushmitha H S, Madhu S. A Study to assess Nutritional status of under five Children in selected rural areas of Chamarajanagar district with a View to Develop Information Pamphlet. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(1):40-42. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00011.1
2. Nandini Shuka, Neelam A, Adidtya Thahur, Pradeep Kumar. A study of Malnutrition and associated risk factors among children of 6-59 months in urban area of Jabalpur district (M.P)2018 Jan;5(1):296-301.
3. Kumar L., D., Mangal, D. N, Varghese, K. A., Salvi, T. C., Salvi, P. and Singh Udawat, v. (2019). Nutritional assessment of under five children in a rural belt of southern Rajasthan, India. Public Health Review: International Journal of Public Health Research, 6(6), 224-233. https://doi.org/10.17511/ijphr.2019.i6.03
4. Turning the tide of malnutrition, Responding to the challenge of the 21st century, World Health Organisation, available at:http://www.who.int/mip2001 files/2232/NHDbrochure.pdf
5. The Lancet’s Series on Maternal and child Undernutrition, Executive Summary, available at:http://www.thelancet.com/series/maternal-and-child-nutrition
7. Health Ministry Data:35% children in Karnataka are underweight2016 Jan 24, available at: https://www.google.com/amp/s/bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/bangalore/others/bitter-bite-in-karnataka/amp_articleshow/69919727.cms
8. Global Nutrition Report. India has one-third of world’s stunted children, Political and Nation news 2019 Sep 10. Available from:https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation