Restless Legs Syndrome is a condition in which you have an uncontrollable urge to move your legs, frequently in response to a bad feeling. It frequently happens in the evening or at night, while you're seated or lying down. The discomfort is briefly relieved by moving around. Willis-Ekbom illness, often known as restless legs syndrome, can start at any age and gets worse over time. By disturbing sleep, it might cause problems with daily responsibilities. Simple self-care and lifestyle changes may be helpful in reducing symptoms. Many persons with RLS benefit from medication1.
Cite this article:
Shivaleela S Sarawad. Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): An Overview. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2022; 10(2):153-5. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2022.00040
Shivaleela S Sarawad. Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): An Overview. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2022; 10(2):153-5. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2022.00040 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-2-18
1. Restless Legs Syndrome Information Page | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke". www.ninds.nih.gov. Retrieved 7 July 2019.
3. Veerabhadrappa G Mendagudli, Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): Triggers, Home Remedies and Treatment, Indian J Surg Nurs.2021;10(2):15-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.21088/ijsn.2277.467X.10221.2
5. "What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome?". NHLBI. November 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
6. "How Is Restless Legs Syndrome Treated?". NHLBI. November 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
8. Allen, R; Picchietti, D; Hening, WA; Trenkwalder, C; Walters, AS; Montplaisi, J; Restless Legs Syndrome Diagnosis Epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health; International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group (2003). "Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health". Sleep Medicine. 4 (2): 101–19. doi:10.1016/S1389-9457(03)00010-8. PMID 14592341.
10. "What Causes Restless Legs Syndrome?". NHLBI. November 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.