Annamreddi Leelavathi, Komala Sesha Kumar, Binu Mathew
Annamreddi Leelavathi1, Komala Sesha Kumar2, Binu Mathew3
1Nursing Tutor, College of Nursing, AIIMS, Raipur, Chattisgarh.
2Mid-Level Health Provider, HWC- Valligatla, Chittoor Dt, AP.
3Professor Cum Principal, College of Nursing, AIIMS, Raipur, Chattisgarh.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
The Union Cabinet approved the new National Health Policy On March 15, 2017 with an aim to inform, clarify, strengthen and prioritize the role of the Government role in shaping health systems in all its dimensions, investment in health, organization and financing of healthcare services, prevention of diseases and promotion of good health through cross sectoral action, access to technologies, developing human resources, encouraging medical pluralism, building the knowledge base required for better health, financial protection strategies and regulation and progressive assurance for health. The target is to achieve “Health for All”, which is the basic objective of NHP 2017. National Health Policy impacting Nursing Profession at educational and service levels in view of overall well - being aspects of society.
Cite this article:
Annamreddi Leelavathi, Komala Sesha Kumar, Binu Mathew. National Health Policy 2017 - Review in the context of Nursing Services and Practice. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2023; 11(4):234-6. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2023.00053
Annamreddi Leelavathi, Komala Sesha Kumar, Binu Mathew. National Health Policy 2017 - Review in the context of Nursing Services and Practice. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2023; 11(4):234-6. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2023.00053 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-4-5
1. National Health Policy 2017, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Available from: https://www.nhp.gov.in/nhpfiles/national_health_policy_2017.pdf
2. G Bhuvaneswari. Salient Features of the National Health Policy-2017. Tamilnadu Nursing and Midwifes Council Journal of Community Health Nursing. 2019; 7(2):39-40. Available From: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/345337909_Salient_Features_of_The_National_Health_Policy_-_2017
3. National Health Policy - 2017. Available from: https://main.mohfw.gov.in/sites/default/files/9147562941489753121.pdf
4. Grover A, Singh RB. Health Policy, Programmes and Initiatives. Urban Health and Wellbeing. 2019; 251 -266. Available From: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-13-6671-0_8
5. Gudipati Rajendra Kumar. Understanding the National Health Policy. The Hans India. 2017. Available from: https://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/Hans/2017-03-31/Understanding-the-National-Health-Policy-2017/289965
6. Supporting National Health Policies, Strategies, Plans, WHO. Available From: https://www.who.int/activities/supporting-national-health-policies-strategies-plans