The implementation of evidence-based practice (EBP) helps to ensure patient /client to receive the care that first their needs. To promote patient safety by giving quality care to get better outcome. They subsequently develop a revised standard care procedure and a checklist for auditing the procedure, conduct education for nurses, and examine the effectiveness of the revised procedure. Facilitates sound decision making, minimize the risk to the patient/client provide health care professionals with the skill and knowledge to evaluate health care practices. The present study carried out to assess the knowledge of nurses on evidence-based practices among staff nurses at selected hospital. Objectives of the study: 1. To assess Demographic data 2. To determine the level of knowledge regarding evidence-based practices among staff nurses. 3. To find out association between knowledge score on evidence-based practice with selected demographic variables. Methods: A descriptive survey design was used for the present study. Evaluative Approach was used. Random sampling technique. Was used to present study. The total population was 40 Staff Nurses at selected hospital. Tool used to collect the data was demographic data / baseline Performa and modified structure questionnaire. Result: The data showed90% of the nurses had good knowledge regarding EBP and 10% had average knowledge about EBP. Conclusion: This study was successful in achieving aim and objective. And to assess the knowledge about EBP is good.
Cite this article:
Krishnali Garje, Mayavati Tupere, Sukanya Gaikwad. A Study to Assess the Knowledge Regarding Evidence – Based Practice among Staff Nurses at Selected Hospital. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2023; 11(3):197-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2023.00045
Krishnali Garje, Mayavati Tupere, Sukanya Gaikwad. A Study to Assess the Knowledge Regarding Evidence – Based Practice among Staff Nurses at Selected Hospital. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2023; 11(3):197-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2023.00045 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-11-3-14
2. Dr. suresh k. sharma nursing research and statistics third edition ELSEVIER publication page no 31
4. B.M. Melnyk. Evidence- Based- practice in nursing and health care. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2005.
6. https://ijariie.com/AdminUploadPdf/A_study_To_ Assess_the_Evidence_based_practice_on_knowledge_attitude_and_practice_among_staff_nurses_ at_selected_Hospitals_in_Lucknow_ijariie16218.pdf
7. Julien Blaise Carlona.Journal of Nursing Practice. Vol.5.Avienna Publiation;2014
8. Dang D, DearholtSL.Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence – Based Practice: Model And Guidelines. 3rd ed. Indianapolis, IN:Sigma Theta Tau International ; 2017