Author(s): S. Suvitha, E. Rama, T. Raviranjan, K. Ranjini

Email(s): suvithasundar9@gmail.com

DOI: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00088   

Address: Dr. S. Suvitha*, Ms. E. Rama, Mr. T. Raviranjan, Ms. K. Ranjini
College of Nursing, Mother Theresa Postgraduate and Research Institute of Health Sciences, Indira Nagar, Puducherry.
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 9,      Issue - 4,     Year - 2021


ABSTRACT:
A descriptive study to assess the Mental Health Literacy among the Nursing students (18-20 years of) in the selected college at Puducherry. The objectives of the study was to assess the mental health literacy among the Nursing students. The research approach selected for the study was quantitative research approach and descriptive research design. The study was conducted at MTPG&RIHS at Puducherry. Total 100 B.Sc. Nursing Students who completed the subject mental health nursing were selected based on Non-probability convenient sampling. The researcher used standardized tool, Mental Health Literacy Scale (MHLS) data collection. The findings of the study revealed that 82% of samples had moderate level of knowledge on Mental Health Literacy, 18% of samples had adequate knowledge about Mental Health Literacy and none of the samples had inadequate knowledge regarding Mental Health Literacy. Regarding knowledge, out of 100 samples, 82% of subjects are belongs to moderate knowledge about Mental Health Literacy and Mental illness. Remaining 18% had adequate knowledge about Mental Health Literacy and Mental Illness none of the samples had inadequate knowledge about the Mental Health Literacy and Mental Illness.


Cite this article:
S. Suvitha, E. Rama, T. Raviranjan, K. Ranjini. A Descriptive Study to Assess the Mental Health Literacy among the Nursing Students (18-20 Years of) in the Selected College at Puducherry. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2021; 9(4):383-4. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00088

Cite(Electronic):
S. Suvitha, E. Rama, T. Raviranjan, K. Ranjini. A Descriptive Study to Assess the Mental Health Literacy among the Nursing Students (18-20 Years of) in the Selected College at Puducherry. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2021; 9(4):383-4. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00088   Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-4-11


REFERENCES:
1.    Indian Journal of Psychiatry Nursing- 2003; 45: 208-217 by Bhola. P. Kapur
2.    M- Child and adolescent Psychiatric epidemiology in India.
3.    Indian Journal of Public health and Research and Development-2017; 8(3): 76-81.
4.    pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
5.    MAMC  Journal of medical science - 2019
6.    Journal of neurosciences in rural practices at 2015; 6(3): 355
7.    www.worldwidejournals.com

Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Girish Degavi, Vasanth Damalli, Prabhu Jevoor

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Geetarani Nayak

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Kalaivani S, Karaline Rajkumar

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652.2017.00059.2         Access: Open Access Read More

International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management (IJANM) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences. IJANM's aim is to promote..... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags