Ethics speaks of morality and appropriate behavior, but may not be binding on a individual. However, when it comes to medical ethics, those standards are necessary (not desirable) on the basis on which a practitioner is required to act. Country-specific laws dictate the ethical aspects of health care, which in effect are regulated by medical ethics. (Bipata R., 2019). There are few ethical principles to be followed by psychiatric nurses to safeguard themselves. Nurses should value the rights of the patients and take right intervention as well as decisions at the right time. The knowledge of the nurse related to legal issues in advanced practice and minimizing risk of litigation in psychiatric nursing is essentials.
Cite this article:
Gaurav Pratap Singh. Ethical and legal issues in Psychiatric Nursing. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(1):91-93. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00023.8
1. Bipeta R. Legal and ethical aspects of mental health care. Indian journal of psychological medicine.2019 March;41:108
2. Legal and ethical issue in Mental Health Nursing
3. Legal aspects of psychiatric Nursing, Linda Funk Balroon, MSRN, APRN, CS, CPNP, BC. Email The author MS, RN, APRN, CS, CPNP, BC Linda Funk Balrooon
4. Legal and ethical aspects of in mental health nursing. https:// www.slideshare.net/drjayesphatidar/legal-ethical-aspects-in-mental-health-nursing
5. Ppt- Legal and Ethical Issue in psychiatric Nursing. https:// www.slideserve.com/sylvester/legal-and-ethical-issue-in-psychateic-nursing
6. Legal and Ethical Issue in Mental Health Nursing. https:// www.ukessays.com/essays/nursing/legal-and-ethical-issue-in-mental.
7. Kangasniemi M, Vaismoradi M, Jasper M, Turunen H. Ethical issues in patient safety: implications for Nursing management. Nurs Ethics. 2013;20(8):904-16[PubMed][Google Scholar] https:// www.ncbi.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5016466/
10. Right of Special groups. Presntation presented at;2020; slideshare
11. Graham A. Powel M. Taylor, N. Anderson, D and Fitzerlad, R (2013). Ethical Research Involving Children. Florance: UNICEF Office of Research- Innocenti.
12. Legal and Ethical Issue Instruction Material/Content [Internet]. Allcare. org 2020 [cited 2 April 2020]. Available from https:// www.allcare.org/Cancer Pain-and-symptom Management/ethics/ em5/count.htm.
13. Joseb T. Right of Special groups. Presentation at ;2015; slides harte H https://www.ncbinlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc50