Author(s): Rohit Yadav, Manjula Devi

Email(s): ry5212@gmail.com

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652.2020.00012.8   

Address: Rohit Yadav*, Manjula Devi
Department of Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing, Nightingale College of Nursing, Banglore, India
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 8,      Issue - 1,     Year - 2020


ABSTRACT:
Attention to healthy habits in adolescence has heightened as obesity has become a serious public health problem affecting nearly 25 percentages of children. Concern over adolescent obesity has mounted due to its rapid increase in prevalence, its persistence into adulthood, and its associated health consequences, including morbidity and mortality Objectives: 1) To assess the level of knowledge regarding health practices to establish a healthy life style among youths in selected PU colleges at Bangalore.2) To assess self-rated practice regarding health practices to establish a healthy life style among youths in selected PU colleges at Bangalore. 3) To find out the correlation between knowledge and self-rated practice regarding health practices to establish a healthy life style among youths in selected PU colleges at Bangalore. 4) To find out the association between knowledge levels regarding health practices to establish a healthy life style with selected demographic variable. 5) To find out the association between self-rated practice regarding health practices to establish a healthy life style with selected demographic variable. Approach: descriptive survey approach was selected for the study. Design: Explorative survey was selected for the study. Subjects: 60 youth aged between 15-20 years. Sampling Technique: A purposive sampling technique was used to select the sample for study. Data Collection Tool: A structured questionnaire and self-rated scale were used to collect data from the subjects. Data Analysis: The obtained data was analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics and interpreted in terms of objectives and hypothesis of the study. The level of significance was set at 0.05 levels. Results: No subjects found with adequate knowledge, However, 73.3% of them held moderate level of knowledge and remaining 26.7% with inadequate knowledge and one in three had poor health practices and 46.6% of the subjects had just satisfactory health practices. More significantly, only 20% of the subjects held good health practice. And none were holding very good practice. Conclusion: This study shows weak Positive correlation between knowledge and practice from the analysis.


Cite this article:
Rohit Yadav, Manjula Devi. A Study to assess the Knowledge and self-rated practice of Youth regarding health practices to establish a healthy life style in selected PU Colleges at Bangalore. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2020; 8(1):45-52. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2020.00012.8


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Akoijam Mamata Devi, Ritu Yadav

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652.2016.00044.5         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Aditi Rawat, Arti Negi, Manisha Rana, Minakshi Gusain, Neetu Negi, Nisha Tomar, Shailja Purohit, Tripta Rathor, Yamini Rawat, Anjana Williams, Rajni Rana

DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652.2017.00062.2         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Bhavna R. Shetty, Rajashree Gujarathi

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management (IJANM) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences. IJANM's aim is to promote..... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2454-2652 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags