A Pre-experimental study was conducted to assess the effectiveness of structured teaching programme on knowledge regarding Hypertensive crisis and its management among internship students. Data was collected regarding knowledge of Hypertensive crisis and its management by structured knowledge questionnaire. The study was conducted at Selected hospitals of Raichur, a total of 40 internship students who were selected by using non probability convenience sampling technique. The study results revealed that structured teaching programme was successful in enhancing the knowledge regarding Hypertensive crisis and its management among internship students.
Cite this article:
Mohd. Aejez Nawaz. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on knowledge of internship student nurses regarding hypertensive crisis and its management in selected hospital of Raichur. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2022; 10(4):363-9. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2022.00080
Mohd. Aejez Nawaz. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on knowledge of internship student nurses regarding hypertensive crisis and its management in selected hospital of Raichur. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2022; 10(4):363-9. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2022.00080 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-4-12
1. Associated chamber of commerce and industry and price water house coopers (pws) crisis intensifies incidence of hypertension in india, Sajjan jindal president of ASSOCHAM 2009-05-11 10:45:00.
2. Annopmishra of the fortis group of hospital, Cardiologist at duke university medical center, Bhamotibasu, Hypertension time to kill the silent killer 73.
3. Christy Mc Cowan, MD, MPH, Asst Proof. :Dept of Surgery, University of Utah School of Med. ; Cardio-vascular Emergency Medicine; Jan 26,2009.
4. Vazquez Robles M;ArchCardiol Mex: Nursing management in hypertensive crisis: Pub Med pub;2001 jan-Mar;71 Suppl 1:s221-4
5. Feldstein C. Management of hypertensivecrisis:American Journal of Therapeutics: 2007 Mar-Apr;14(2):135-9.
6. Israili, Zafar H Php; Hernandez-Hernandez, Rafael MD; Valasco, Manuel MD. The future of Antihypertensive Treatment : March/April2007-volume 14-issue2.
7. Clin Ter. Pergolini Ms. The management of hypertensive crisis: a clinical review.2009 March –April ;160(2):151-7
8. Varon J. The universityoftexas health science center at Houston, TX, USA . The diagnosis and treatment of hypertensive crisis.2009 Jan;121(1):5-13
9. Prim Care, Hebert CJ, VidtDG .Hypertensive crisis. Department of nephrology and hypertension, Clevelandclinic,USA. 2008 Sept;35(3):475-87.
10. Varon J. Diagnosis and management of labile BP during acute cerebrovascular accidents and other hypertensive crisis. The university of texashealthscience center at Houston, USA. 2007 oct ; 25(8):949-59.
11. Sidorenko BA, Preobrazhenskil DV, Nosenko NS. Hypertensive crisis: classification and current management, Article in Russian, Kardiologiia 2002; 42(2): 88-94.
12. Hall WD, Resistant hypertension, secondary hypertension, and hypertensive crisis, EmoryUniversity school of medicine, USA. CARDIOL CLIN. 2002 May; 20(2):281-9.
13. Fivush B, Neu A, Furth S. Acute hypertensive crisis in children, emergencies and urgencies. Johns Hopkins Hospital, USA. CURR OPIN PEDIATR 2003 JUN; 9(3):233-6.
14. Varon J, Fromm RE jr, hypertensive crisis: the need for urgent management. Department of critical care, university of Texas MD HousetonUSA. 1996 Jan ;99(1):189-91,
15. Van Braeckel P, Carlier S, Hypertensive crisis and its management in ICU. Department of critical care USA. 2005; 60(1):55-66.
16. Polit F Denise, Hungler P Brenaditte. Nursing Research- principals and methods. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 1999.
17. Polit F Denise, Benedeth P. Hungler. Nursing Research- principals and methods. Philadelphia: Lippincott Company. 6th edition. 79.1999.
18. Cugini P, DE Rosa R, Coda S, De Francesco; identification of presumptive Risk of hypertension crisis with fractual interpolation of the 24- hour Arterial Pressure; Clin Ter. 2001 Jul-Aug; 152(4):225-9.
19. Leopoldo PDI, Luis MR, Alejandro DLS, and Jose Z: Knowledge implementation of the new Europian Guide in the Management of Arterial hypertension, The Cigma Survey: Pub 28 July 2009[PubMed].
20. Nobre F, Chauchar F, Viana JM, and Pereira GJ: Evaluation of Medical care of patients with hypertension in an emergency department and in ambulatory hypertension unit: Arq Bras Cardiol. Feb 02; 78(2):156-61.