Basic life support is one of the most fundamental components of emergency medical interventions. Human being had experienced health problem and immediately need of the health assistance to recover from condition especially in emergency condition, health assistance are used basic life support practices to save the life of an individual. The objectives of the study were to assess the knowledge and practice of high school students regarding BLS and assess the effectiveness of BLS training program on knowledge and practice of high school students. A quantitative approach with Pre-experimental pretest-posttest design was used for this study. The sample consisted of 100 students by convenient sampling technique. The mean percentage difference between pre-test and post-test knowledge and practice score of high school students showed 3% of enhancement with the t value 15.99 at p=0.00 and 12.7% of enhancement with the t value 32.76 at p=0.00 level. Training program was effective to improve knowledge and practice high school students.
Cite this article:
Vijay Bhandari, Dayabati Soyam. Effectiveness of a Training Program on knowledge and practice regarding basic Life Support. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(1):27-31. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00008.1
1. Ashish R. Bhat, Netizen. Ambivert Clayburn, Griffin, Living. How important is a human life Quora [Internet]July 2015 [Cited March 2018] Available from: https://www.quora.com/How-important-is-a-human-life
2. American CPR Training. CPR facts. California: Encinitas; 2019. Available from: https://americancpr.com/cprfacts.html.
3. American Heart Association. Get trained to save life. Inscol [Internet] [Cited March 2018]; Available from: http:// www.inscol.com/india/training-prep-courses/aha-workshops.
4. Zheng ZJ, Croft JB, Giles WH, Mensah GA. Sudden cardiac death in the United States, 1989 to 1998. Circulation. [Internet] 30 Oct 2001 [Cited March 2018]; 104(18):2158-63. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11684624
5. World Health Organization. Cardiovascular Disease, World heart day 2017. WHO [Internet] 2017 [Cited March 2018]. Available from: http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/world-heart-day-2017/en/
6. SwagataYadavar. Heart Disease Kills 1.7 Million Indians, Continues to be Top Killer in 2016.Indiaspend[Internet]15 sep 2017[Cited March 2018]; Available from: http:// www.indiaspend.com/indias-great-challenge-health-sanitation/ heart-disease-kills-1-7-million-indians-continues-to-be-top-killer-in-2016
7. Chaudhary, Parikh. Study to identify Knowledge of Basic Cardiac Life Support among Nursing Student MisbahSabir Lahore School of Nursing University of Lahore Pakistan. [Internet]. Page no-733. [Cited on aug 2019]; Available from: http://www.ijsrp.org/ research-paper-0617/ijsrp-p6693.pdf
8. Parashar Anil K. Effective planned teaching programme on knowledge and practice of basic life support among students in Mangalore. Nursing Journal of India 2010. [Internet]. India: [cited 2018 march]. Available from: http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jnhs/papers/vol5-issue5/Version-2/G0505023133.pdf.
9. Rashmi Goswami, Kanika and Sembian N. Effectiveness of Training Program on Knowledge and Practices Regarding Basic Life Support (BLS) Among Nursing Students. [Internet].2015. Page no-1046. [Cited on 12 may 2018]. Available from: https:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28850944.