Sindhu Anil Menon, Daisy Abraham
Sindhu Anil Menon1, Dr. Daisy Abraham2
1Research Scholar, Shri JJT University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
2Professor, Shri JJT University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
Volume - 9,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Background and Objective: Fatigue is one of the most debilitating and prevalent symptoms in nurses. Many times it is left unrecognized and perhaps the cause of many medical errors. Aim of This Study: was to investigate the knowledge of intern nurses working in a hospital regarding work related fatigue and to find out the association between the knowledge and demographic variables. Materials And Methods: A purposivesamplingtechniquewasusedtocollectdatafromthesample.Thesamplessizewas 100 intern nurses. A self administered questionnaire was used as the tool. Results: The knowledge level was assessed by self structured questionnaire. The result shows only 10(10%) of sample had adequate knowledge were as 30(30%) of sample had moderate knowledge and 60(60%) of sample had inadequate knowledge regarding work related fatigue. There was no significant association between the knowledge and demographic variables.
Cite this article:
Sindhu Anil Menon, Daisy Abraham. A Descriptive Approach to assess the knowledge regarding work related Fatigue among Intern Nurses. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(1):68-71. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00018.4
1. The Free Dictionary.com. 2020. Fatigue. [online] Available at:<https://medical- dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fatigue> [Accessed 3 October2020].
2. Hart, J. and Sweeney, G., 2006. Integrating Patient Safety Indicators into Patient Safety Programs. Journal For Healthcare Quality, 28(6),pp.18-28.
3. Dalspace.library.dal.ca. 2020. [online] Availableat: <https:// dalspace.library.dal.ca/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10222/31392/Webb-Anderson-Karen-MN-NURS-July-2013. pdf? sequence=1andis Allowed=y> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
4. Scribd. 2020. Fatigue White Paper | Shift Work | Nursing. [online] Availableat: <https://www.scribd.com/document/80246090/ Fatigue-White-Paper> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
5. American Nurses Association, ANA head says overtime puts patients at risk. Healthcare Risk Management, 2000, Edition 22(6), Pages66-67.
6. Maulsby, M., n.d. An Analysis Of The Relationship Between Direct And Indirect Patient Care Activities And The Educational Preparation Of SupervisorySister-Nurses.
7. Brown, C., Schell, J. and Pashniak, L., 2020. Occupational Therapists’ Experience of Workplace Fatigue: Issues AndAction.
8. PMC, E., 2020. Europe PMC.[online]Europepmc.org.Availableat: <http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC2822165> [Accessed 5 October 2020].
9. Kane, P., Stress Causing Psychosomatic Illness Among Nurses., Indian Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2009, Volume: 13, Issue: 1,Page :28-32