Jeena Jose, Anu V. Kumar
Jeena Jose1*, Anu V. Kumar2
1Research Scholar, Malwanchal University, Indore.
2Professor and HOD, Department of OBG, Index Nursing College, Malwanchal University, Indore.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
AIM: The study aims to assess the knowledge regarding play needs among mothers of under five children in a selected hospital, Ernakulam, Kerala. Objectives: The main objectives of the study were to assess the knowledge regarding play needs among mothers of under five children and to find out the association between the level of knowledge regarding play needs among mothers of under five children with selected socio-demographic variables. Methods: The present study adopted a non -experimental descriptive research design. For collecting the data, a structured questionnaire was prepared after discussing with experts and reviewing research and non-research materials. Mothers of under five children were the population of the study and the setting of the study was Govt. Taluk hospital, Palluruthy, Ernakulam. The sample size was 60 mothers which are selected by non-probability convenient sampling technique. Data was collected by demographic performa and 28 questions to assess knowledge. Result: After analysis of data, it was found that 11% of mothers have very poor knowledge, 17% of mothers have poor knowledge, the majority (62%) of mothers have average knowledge and the remaining 10 % of mothers have good knowledge. The association between knowledge and place of residence is significant with a p < 0.05.
Cite this article:
Jeena Jose, Anu V. Kumar. Knowledge regarding play needs among Mothers of under Five Children in a selected Hospital, Ernakulam District, Kerala. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2023; 11(1):57-0. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2023.00012
Jeena Jose, Anu V. Kumar. Knowledge regarding play needs among Mothers of under Five Children in a selected Hospital, Ernakulam District, Kerala. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2023; 11(1):57-0. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2023.00012 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-1-12
1. Marlow, D. R., and Reddin, B. A. (2003). Textbook of Pediatric Nursing. Philadelphia: Elsevier Publications.
2. Prasannakumar, D. R. (2014, March). Knowledge of Mothers of Under-five Children Regarding Importance of Play in Growth and Development. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research, 77-80.
3. Dutta, P. (2009). Textbook of Pediatrics Nursing. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
4. Wong, D. L., and Hockenberry, M. J. (2003). Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children (7th ed.). St. Louis: Mosby.
5. Madan Mohan, G. (2015). Study to Assess the Knowledge and Attitude Regarding Play Needs of Children Among Parents of Various Economics Groups. International Journal of Advanced Research, 5(6), 2096-2105. doi:10.21474/IJAR01/4648.
6. Tamilselvi, V (2016) Effectiveness of structured teaching programme on knowledge and attitude regarding importance of play needs among parents of under five children. Masters thesis, Arvinth College of Nursing, Namakkal.