Background: Coronary heart disease contributes much to the burden morbidity and mortality from chronic diseases globally and more than 80% of CVD-related deaths worldwide now occur in low and middle income countries. In India about 30 million adults suffer from cardiovascular disease. Objectives: To assess the knowledge of 3rd year G.N.M. students regarding coronary angiography and evaluate the effectiveness of informational booklet on knowledge regarding coronary angiography. Method: Pre-experimental research design was used for the study. Information booklet is dependent variable and knowledge of student nurses regarding coronary angiography is dependent variable. The setting of the study is at selected Schools of nursing at Vijayapur, Karnataka. Simple random sampling technique is used to select the subjects. The sample size is of 60 students. Result: In pre-test majority of subjects 30 (50%) had an average knowledge; 18 (30%) had poor knowledge and 12 (20%) had good knowledge, where as in post-test 51 (85%) of them had good knowledge and 09 (15%) had poor knowledge. Study also reveals that there is no association between pre-test knowledge and selected Socio demographic variables. Study also reveals that calculated paired‘t’ value (t= 26.48) is greater than tabulated value (t= 1.960). Hence H1 is accepted. This indicates that the gain in knowledge score is statistically significant at P< 0.05 levels. Conclusion: The findings of the study conclude that there is a need for educating the student nurses regarding coronary angiography. It implies that a nursing administrator should take part in developing protocols, standing orders related to design of the educational programmes and strategies for GNM Students regarding Coronary angiography.
Cite this article:
Shaikh Azhar Haroon. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Information Booklet on Knowledge regarding Coronary Angiography among 3rd Year G.N.M. students in selected Nursing School at Vijayapur, Karnataka. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2021; 9(4):385-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00089
Shaikh Azhar Haroon. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Information Booklet on Knowledge regarding Coronary Angiography among 3rd Year G.N.M. students in selected Nursing School at Vijayapur, Karnataka. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2021; 9(4):385-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00089 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-4-12
1. “Health Wikipedia” Nov 2016, available on http:// www.google.co.in, retrieved on 20/11/2016.
2. “Disease” Dec 2016, available on http://www.wikipedia.com, retrieved on 6/12/2016
3. World health organization “Health” 2016 (online) available on http://www.who.int/topics/health/en/, retrieved on 22/11/2016.
4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronary_angiography retrieved on 05/11/2016
5. World health organization “cardiovascular disease” 2016 available on http://www.searo.who.int/india/topics/cardiovascular_diseases/ en/retrieved on 05/11/2016.
6. “Cardiovascular disease in India” Dec 2016 available on http:// www.indushealthplus.com/karnataka-health-statistics/,retrieved on 08/12/2016.
7. Mc Dermott MM, Mondapat AL, CelicL.Knowledge and attitudes regarding cardio vascular disease risk and prevention in patient with coronary or peripheral disease. Northenwestern University. 2003.page No.2157.
8. “Coronary heart disease” Dec 2016 available on http:// www.scopemed.org/?mno=199633, retrieved on 08/12/2016.
9. Lloyd joins DM, Larson MG. Lifetime risk of developing coronary artery disease.2000. Page No.89 retrived on 30/12/2016.
10. Review of literature, pub med, Antianginal medications and long-term outcomes after elective angiography in patients with coronary artery disease 2016 available on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pubmed/28026916, retrieved on 12/12/2016.
11. Review of literature, Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 5(6): 530-543, retrieved on 03/01/2017.
12. Review of literature, pub med, early angiography 2016 available on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27037743 retrieved on 10/12/2016.
13. Review of literature, pub med, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pubmed/28242751 retrieved on 10/12/2016.
14. Review of literature, pub med, Pediatric coronary angiography procedure with dexmedetomidine sedation 2016 available on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25566708 retrieved on 12/12/2016.
15. Yan, Yu-HuaChen, YiKung, Chih-Ming, Peng, Li-Jung. Continous Quality Improvement of Nursing care: Case study of a clinical pathway revision forcoronary angiography. Journal of Nursing Research.Sept2011; 19(3): 181-89, retrieved on 11/12/2016.
16. Rolley JX, Salmonson Y, Dennison CR, Davidson PM. Nursing care practices following a percutaneous coronary intervention: results of a survey of Australian and New Zealand Cardiovascular Nurses. J Cardiovasc Nurs. Jan-Feb 2010; 25(1): 75-89 retrieved on 11/12/2016.
17. Jose A Baz, AgustínAlbarran, Eduardo Pinar, Josepa Mauri coronary angiography: statistics and numerical data.Rev EspCardiol. 2009; 62(12): 1418-34. Retrieved on 14/12/2016.
18. Eur Heart J. 2016 Dec 23. pii: ehw505. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ ehw505. [Epub ahead of print].
19. Liew R. Verylow complication rate with a manual, nurse-led protocol for sheath removal following coronary angiography. Eur J Cardio vasc Nurs. 2007; 6(4): 303-307.
20. Herntzen MP, Straure BE. Peripheral arterial complications after coronary angiography. Herz.1998; 23(1): 4-20.
21. nt J Cardiol. 2017 Mar 1; 230: 610-613. doi:10.1016/j.ijcard. 2016.12.046. Epub 2016 Dec 23.
22. Ramsey BC. et Myocardial Assessment with Cardiac CT: Ischemic Heart Disease and Beyond. 2018; 11(7): 16. doi: 10.1007/s12410-018-9456-2. Epub 2018 Jun 2.
23. Alfakih K . et al CT coronary angiography: a paradigm shift for functional imaging tests. 2018 Mar 27; 5(1): e000754. doi: 10.1136/openhrt-2017-000754. eCollection 2018.
24. Dash D. et al. Interventional Management of "Balloon-Uncrossable" Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion: Is There Any Way Out? 2018; 48(4): 277-286. doi: 10.4070/kcj.2017.0345.
25. Duda-Pyszny Det al. Coronary artery disease in women. KardiochirTorakochirurgia Pol. 2018 Mar; 15(1): 44-48. doi: 10.5114/kitp.2018.74675. Epub 2018 Mar 28.
26. Mancio J#1. et al. Perivascular adipose tissue and coronary atherosclerosis. 2018 May 31. pii: heartjnl-2017-312324. doi: 10.1136/heartjnl-2017-312324.
27. Cuomo JR1, et al How to prevent and manage radiation-induced coronary artery disease. 2018 May 15. pii: heartjnl-2017-312123. doi:10.1136/heartjnl-2017-312123.
28. Raja SG1, et al. Multiple arterial grafting confers survival advantage compared to percutaneous intervention with drug-eluting stents in multivessel coronary artery disease: A propensity score adjusted analysis. 2015; 189: 153-8. doi: 10.1016/ j.ijcard.2015.04.059. Epub 2015 Apr 9