Background: As per WHO data base in 2016, an estimated 15, 40000 women underwent hysterectomy in the world, Hysterectomy is most commonly performed on women between 40 to 45 years of age and by age 65 approximately 37% to 39% of women have under gone this procedure. The aim of the study was to generate baseline data for indications of gynecological surgeries, and to assess route of surgery and histopathology correlation in women undergoing major gynecological surgery in a rural tertiary level teaching hospital in India. The present study was conducted to determine the effectiveness of preoperative education on postoperative outcome undergoing major gynaecological surgery. Material and methods: A Quasi experimental study, posttest design only with control group approach was undertaken in Pravara Rural Hospital Loni. The Data were collected from 60 (30 in experimental group and in control group) gynecological surgery who are selected by non-probability method purposive sampling technique met the inclusion criteria. The nurse investigator provided 5-10 minutes range of motion exercise daily, nutrition diet and psychological support. Assessment of effectiveness was performed by evaluating the level of stress (DASS Rating scale) and (observational checklist). The data was analyzed with descriptive statistics frequency and percentage of demographic variables and inferential statistics SD and Mean. Results: It was found that range of motion exercise significantly reduced the level of stress, depression and anxiety. A statistical difference was found between the group awareness (t= 0.05), anxiety (t=1.10), depression (t=0.03) and emotional distress (t=0.02) at p<0.05 level. There was significant association found between stress with socio demographic variables like age (X2 0.6), education qualification (X2 0.43), presence of co-morbid illness (X2 3.33), indication of gynecological surgery (X2 0.00), duration of illness (X2 0.04), previous history of surgery (X2 3.58) at p< 0.05 level. Conclusion: The study outcome revealed that range of motion exercise was found to be effectiveness in reducing the level of stress undergoing major gynecological surgery. Hence it should be emphasized that relaxation therapy should be practiced for vulnerable undergoing major gynaecological surgery.
Cite this article:
Swapnali Kapase, Bharti Weljale. Assess the effectiveness of preoperative education on postoperative outcome among the patients undergoing major Gynecological surgery admitted at Pravara Rural Hospital, Loni (Bk). Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(2):121-126. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00030.5
Swapnali Kapase, Bharti Weljale. Assess the effectiveness of preoperative education on postoperative outcome among the patients undergoing major Gynecological surgery admitted at Pravara Rural Hospital, Loni (Bk). Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2021; 9(2):121-126. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2021.00030.5 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-2-2
1. Disease [Internet]. Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation; 2018 [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease
2. Sharma C, Sharma M, Raina R, Soni A, Chander B, Verma S. [Internet]. Advances in pediatrics. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2014 [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/.../PMC4071645/
3. Hysterectomy: Purpose, Procedure, and Risks [Internet]. Healthline. Healthline Media; [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: https://www.healthline.com/health/hysterectomy
4. Park’s Textbook of Prevention and Social Medicine 23rd edition PDF eBook
5. Gyno Problems [Internet]. Egg Retrieval: IVF, Follicle Aspiration Procedure, Pictures, Pain, Recovery Time, Vaginal Ultrasound Probe. [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: http://www.womens-health-advice.com/gynecological-disorders/index.html
6. Common Gynecology Problems [Internet]. Best Gynecologist in Mumbai. [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: http://www.gynecologistmumbai.com/common-gynecology-problems
7. OB-GYN Surgical Procedures | OBGYN Surgery | Women's Centre [Internet]. OB-GYN Women's Centre. [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: https://obgynwc.com/services/surgery/
8. Gynecologic Services [Internet]. Obstetrics / Pregnancy Care - Prenatal Screening for Birth Defects - Health Care Services | Women's Health Consultants. [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: http://www.womenshealthconsultantsmn.com/services-surgery-instructions-precautions.html
9. General anesthesia [Internet]. Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017 [cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/anesthesia/about/pac-20384568
10. Elgi MC, Viswanath L. To study the effectiveness of self-instructional module on knowledge and selected outcome among women undergoing hysterectomy in a tertiary care hospital in South India [Internet]. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology. [Cited 2018Jun14]. Available from: http://www.ijrcog.org/index.php/ijrcog/article/view/645.