Rashmi P, Sunitha P S, Puruhit Saraswathi, Vidya M
Email ID Not Available
Mrs. Rashmi P, Mrs. Sunitha P S, Mrs. Puruhit Saraswathi, Mrs. Vidya M
Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing, JSS College of Nursing, Mysuru - 04.
Volume - 8,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Hygiene is a series of practices performed to preserve health. According to the World Health Organization (WHO). A respiratory infection is spread when a person who is infected with a virus coughs or sneezes. The droplets released from an ill person’s cough or sneeze can travel for several feet reaching the nose or mouth of others and causing illness. The control of spread of pathogens from the source is key to avoid transmission. Among source control measures, respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette, developed during the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak, is now considered as part of standard precautions.
Cite this article:
Rashmi P, Sunitha P S, Puruhit Saraswathi, Vidya M. Respiratory Hygiene in Covid 19. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2020; 8(4):345-346. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2020.00077.3
Rashmi P, Sunitha P S, Puruhit Saraswathi, Vidya M. Respiratory Hygiene in Covid 19. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2020; 8(4):345-346. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2020.00077.3 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-4-17
1. Hygiene: overview, World Health Organization (WHO). Retrieved 01June 2020.
2. Shrivastava PS et al. A cross sectional study to assess the awareness and practice about cough etiquettes among respiratory symptomatic patients in Tamil Nadu, Int J Community Med Public Health. 2019 Oct;6(10):4248-4252, http://www.ijcmph. com
3. Sydnee Chavis and Nisha Ganesh, Respiratory Hygiene and Cough Etiquette Infection Control in the Dental Office. 2019 Nov 18: 91–103. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-30085-2_7
4. Azza Mahmoud Altigani, Assessment of knowledge, attitude and practice of Health providers regarding respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette in critical areas at Ribat Teaching Hospital in Khartoum, Sudan, 2016
5. Standard precautions in health care WHO. Retrieved 01June 2020 https://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/StandardPrectHC.pdf
11. Suess T et al. The role of facemasks and hand hygiene in the prevention of influenza transmission in households BMC Infect Dis 2012 Jan 26; 12:26. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-12-26
13. Advice on the use of masks in the community, during home care and in health care settings in the context of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, World Health Organization (WHO). Retrieved 01June 2020. https://www.who.int/publications