A descriptive study was conducted to assess the level of knowledge regarding cervical cancer among staff nurses in P.S. Medical Trust Hospital, Thalakulam at Kanyakumari District. Based on the convenient sampling technique, 20 subjects from P.S. Medical Trust Hospital, were selected. Question was given 15% of staff nurses having adequate knowledge 30% of the staff nurses having moderate knowledge and 55% of the staff nurses having inadequate knowledge. There is a significant association between knowledge and sex and there is no significant association between knowledge and (age, education, year of experience and type of family) the selected demographic variables.
Cite this article:
S. Gladin Sudha. A Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding Cervical Cancer among staff Nurses in P.S. Medical trust Hospital, Thalakulam, K.K. District. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2021; 9(3):247-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00056
S. Gladin Sudha. A Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding Cervical Cancer among staff Nurses in P.S. Medical trust Hospital, Thalakulam, K.K. District. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2021; 9(3):247-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2652.2021.00056 Available on: https://ijanm.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-9-3-4
1. Brunner and Suddarths, “The Book of Medical Surgical Nursing, 11th Edition, New Delhi, Published by Wolter Kluwer (India) Pvt., Ltd., P.No. 1682-1685.
2. Jeffcoates, (2001), Principles of Gynaecology, 5th edition, London, Published by Butterworth, Heinemann Ltd., P.No. 441-445.
3. Howard W. Jones. Jr, MD, Georgeanna Seegar Jones, M.D. (1981). Novak’s text Book of Gynecology. 10th edition, London, Published by Williams & Wilkins. P.No. 269-300.
4. Gary Cunningham MD, Norman F. Gant MD., “Williams obstetrics. 21st edition. The Mcgraw-Hill companies. P.No. 929.
5. Lakshmi Seshadri, (2004). Essentials of Gynaecology, First Edition, Published by Wolters Kluwer (India) Pvt., Ltd., New Delhi P.No.
6. Lakshmi Seshadri “Essentials of Gynaecology. First edition, New Delhi, Published by Wolters Kluwer (India) Pvt. Ltd., P.No. 371-398.
7. D.C. Datta “Text book of Gynecology” published by new central book agency, Calcutta 2nd Edition, 1994, P.No. 113-116.
8. B.T. Basanvanthappa. “Medical Surgical Nursing” Publisehdby Jaypee brothers (P) Ltd., New Delhi, 1st Edition, 2003, P.No. 776-778.
9. Luckman, “Core principales and practice of medical surgical nursing’ published by E.D. /Saunders Company, 1st edition, 2006.